Uses for Draw It Out
In today's marketplace we see all kinds of new products that can help your horse stay pain free. Many people are using Back on Track Products which are fantastic but can be a bit nerve-wracking to use in the summer (especially in Texas & Oklahoma). Other companies like Ice Horse make unbelievably good wraps for horse and rider (one of our favorites is the stifle wrap). These products work great on their own, but when they are coupled with Draw It Out their ability to help your horse is magnified beyond measure. All you have to do is use your preferred Draw It Out formula and apply liberally to the legs before putting your boots on (same for magnetic & ceramic sheets). The Cold/Heat that these products provide will help accentuate Draw It Out's ability to reduce swelling and soreness. The best news is your boots won't stain or stink when you take them off after using them with Draw It Out. Draw It Out's all natural formula doesn't stain your horse or your boots and the absence of chemicals means using your boots or wraps with Draw It Out won't be harsh on the materials.
How to use Draw It Out as a wrap.
- Always wrap a clean leg with a clean bandage.
- Wrapping should begin in the center of the cannon bone.
- Be sure to always wrap from front to back so that any tension from the wrap is on the bone and not the tendon.
- Usually start the wrap off to the side of the bone and proceed around the leg downward.
- Overlap each wrap of the bandage 1/2 to 3/4 of the width of the bandage making sure to keep the bandage smooth with even tension on each wrap.
- Once you reach the fetlock either make an angular wrap around it which will leave a v shape on the front of the pastern or simply work the bandage back up the leg the just below the knee.
To utilize Draw It Out simply use polo wraps or track bandages saturated in the Draw it Out mixture. Properly wrapped legs will give you superior results.
Using Draw It Out as a Hoof Soak
- Draw It Out
- Vet Wrap
- Barrier Boot
- First mix your Draw It Out to the desired ratio.
- Soak the gauze thoroughly in the mixture until completely saturated.
- Affix the gauze to the hoof with the vet wrap then use the barrier boot to keep everything in place.
- Leave on for 30min-1hr and remove.
Draw It Out Veterinary Strength Liniment is the perfect solution to preventing soreness and injuries as well as helping them to heal. Draw It Out can be applied in a number of ways before an event to ensure your horse is fresh and performing at an optimal level.
I know a lot of you, myself included, aren’t comfortable using our Back On Track quick wraps during the scorching summers we have in Oklahoma and Texas. This weekend was no exception. I used the Draw It Out gel liniment under my quilts and polo wraps but a cool feature about Draw It Out is since it is carrier and chemical free with no chance of burning or blistering your horse, you can actually soak your wraps or quilts in the solution and apply them directly.
A friend’s horse was stocking up this weekend and the BOTs weren’t doing the job. I let her use my Draw It Out concentrate solution UNDER her BOTs and his swelling and puffiness were gone the next day! This stuff is a MUST have in your trailer! I don’t promote a lot, but I promote what is natural, won’t hurt your horse, and WORKS! The other good parts? It’s affordable and nearly mess free—no stickiness, even the gel! Contact me about ordering or with any questions!"
Amber Arnold - Team Draw It Out